Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog Assignment 10

An open letter to educators

My experiences in college are very similar to Morgan Baydas'. For many of my core classes I used to sit in class for the two hour lecture, take notes trying to keep my eyes open, and zone in and out of the lecture. I had spent an easy $200 on the book, and barely opened it throughout the semester because the professor would say, "Just study my lectures," "I don't really prefer this book," "Just use the book as a reference from time to time," "If you study my notes, you will pass the class." So we had spent all of this money on a book, to barley ever use it. Now, this experience is not from all of my classes. You did have those few professors that understood college life and they used the book quite often so you would get your money worth. They also had the book open while they were lecturing and guide us as they were teaching.

What my students and I do on a boring day..Take pictures

1 comment:

  1. Hey Courtney,

    I think most everyone has had your experience with teachers like you describe. Hopefully we can change that! Watch your grammar in your post.



    From Dr. Strange: You did not comment onTom Johnspn's post Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home. I will complete my post Metaphors: What They Are and Why We Use Them (A Learning Opportunity) later this week. After this post appears on the Class Blog you will be required to leave a comment. Watch the Class Blog for further instructions.

    ReplyDelete