Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blog Assignment 11

I really like Ms. Cassidys' approach to technology. Her way of using it in her classroom and making it fun for her students is fascinating. She has a great approach to protecting her students identities. She uses their faces, obviously, and she posts only their first names and not with a corresponding picture. In the interview, Ms. Cassidy says, "You are handicapping your students by not using the tools available us." She also says the world is changing and we cannot teach the same way we did ten, even five years ago. I agree with both of these statements because we are "handicapping" our students be not using the technology that is available to us because technology with only become more advanced with time and not allowing our students to use these and become comfortable with them is the opposite of our job description as teachers. We are supposed to teach them, not discourage them from using the resources available.
I think I will defiantly use blog posting in my classroom. I think it is wonderful that something so easy can do so much. With a blog post, you can post information that an absent student can see to get caught up. You can also post updates so your parents can see what is going in the classroom. You can post videos of certain things you are doing in your class so anyone can see what is going on.
I know I will run into issues with my blog post. I think the main issue I will run into is the privacy issue. I think I will handle it the same way Ms. Cassidy handles privacy. She posts the students pictures with first name only, and does not post the names with corresponding pictures. The benefit of this is that it protects their privacy because their last names aren't shown.


Great Quote

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful. And I like your picture and the quotation that accompanies it!

    ReplyDelete