Thursday, February 3, 2011

C4T 1

I was assigned to read e Learning Blog Don't Waste Your Time by David Hopkins. I found his posts to be very interesting. He seems to have a strong opinion about things which is a lot like me. I really like to get my point across.
His first post I read was about QR Codes. Now, if you’re like me, after reading the first sentence your thinking, "What on earth is this code thing and why do I have to read about it." Well, luckily enough, I went on to read the entire post and found it to be very interesting. If you’re still asking yourself "What is a QR code, allow me to summarize what Mr. Hopkins said.
The first thing he explains is simply, what is a QR code. The answer is a matrix code (or two-dimensional bar code) created by Japanese corporation Denso-Wave in 1994. Now, you're probably still wondering the importance of this. My opinion, there isn't one. However, they are in more places than you think. Chances are you have seen one and not even known. David Hopkins explains that Pepsi used them on bottles to give people access to special games and competitions not available anywhere else on the web. Calvin Klein used them to entice you to see their advert, “uncensored”. I ask all of my fellow followers to go to David’s' blog and read more about QR codes. The website is http://www.dontwasteyourtime.co.uk/.

The other blog I read by David Hopkins was about Twitter & Facebook use by Russell Group Universities. He gives links for two articles for his viewers to read. He then asks the readers opinion of the two articles. He then asks, "Are Universities using these tools because they think they ‘have’ to in order to be seen as progressive, modern, interested, social, etc, or is there a well-defined and implemented strategy behind the decision?" I once again invite my viewers to go to his blog and read the articles and think about what you think about the above questions.
http://www.dontwasteyourtime.co.uk/

http://www.dontwasteyourtime.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment