Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Assignment 3

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

My reaction to this video SO TRUE!
Secondly, I'd like to say I liked how well the students put this movie together. It was very creative.

I have bought books for a class and never used it, then turn around and sell it back to the store to only receive 20% of what i spent on the book, if that, back. But I think we all can agree college books are too expensive.
I also agree with the fact that we all have to be "multi-taskers." There is so much responsibility and work that we have to be. I sometimes feel like this work isn't necessary but then I look at the big picture. I realize that on top of all of this work and responsibility that I am learning so much more. I am learning how to manage time better, becoming more organized and getting a good education from qualified professors. I also know that learning how to manage time and balance work and school will help for when I have a real job and I get on my own. Being organized is key for making it in this world and having less stresses.

"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I enjoyed reading about Kelly Hines' opinion on technology in classrooms. The one thing that I liked most out of the entire post was, "Teachers must be learners." The first thing the majority of my professors have said to my in my education classes was that statement, and I truly believe it myself. I believe that as educators, we cannot go into a classroom and think we know everything. For one, if we did know everything, then there would be no point in college. We are the ones that are students are going to look up to. We are the ones that are going to shape the future. IT is up to us that our students get the best out of us so they can make this world a better place to live in.
We also need to remember that we were in there seats at many times on our lives, as elementary students all the way to college students. We would not have wanted our teachers to have had a bad attitude when they were teaching us and not given us the time of day. Life is about living as well as learning. New discoveries are being made almost daily and are being shown to the world for people to learn and pass on. Everyday is about learning something new. In my opinion, that makes things interesting. Who wants to only know the same stuff and never branch out? I've always enjoyed learning new things and look future to learning more things as an educator.

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

"In order to teach it, we have to do it. How can we teach this to kids, how can we model it, if we aren’t literate ourselves? You need to experience this, you need to explore right along with your students. You need to experience the tools they’ll be using in the 21st century, developing your own networks in parallel with your students. You need to demonstrate continual learning, lifelong learning – for your students, or you will continue to teach your students how to be successful in an age that no longer exists." Karl Fisch

I could not agree more with this quote from an award winning post by Karl Fisch. I truly from the bottom of my heart believe that in order to be a successful teacher, educators have to be able to be a good learner. With technology always changing and new discoveries being made, everyone has to always be prepared to continue learning in order to keep up with everyday changes. As educators, we also have to make learning fun for our students. Our students will also teach us many things along with making our jobs very rewarding.


Gary Hayes Social Media Count

I believe this media countdown is showing us by second how much the world is changing with technology and how much time people spend on the internet. I think for my professional career, this means that I better get used to technology taking over the world because everything is changing by seconds.


Landon

1 comment:

  1. Very cute picture! Everyone seems to agree with the first video, but what are we doing to help break the mold that all of us admit to despising? I want some real ideas or examples of what you've done or seen done to help change the course of South Alabama instruction delivery.

    ReplyDelete